Thursday, October 11, 2007

Use Your iPhone As An Umbrella


On rainy days, sometimes I think about how nice it would be f I could use my iPhone as an umbrella. There should be a button that you can push to release a 21-inch umbrella for all those times when you are stuck in a bind.

Seriously, there are a few things that I would like to get my iPhone to do that I think would make the iPhone ten times better for me.

1. True GPS. I know that there are companies out there that are trying to figure out how they are going o get GPS to work on the iPhone and that one day there is going to be a good way to have GPS on the iPhone, but I am impatient sometime and I want it now.

2. Flash on Safari. This is actually something that I see as a design flaw. There should definitely be flash installed into the browser so that you can view all of the websites out there that require flash. Apple is supposed to be working on getting this into the browser, but obviously it is not a priority since it has 3 and a half months since the launch of the iPhone.

3. 3G. I know this is a sore subject for most, and Apple has good reasons for not including it, but on the other hand it is what a lot of people want. I would be ok with charging my iPhone twice as much to have the ability to have faster Internet. It is very important to me to have the ability to have fast Internet. They could have just had the feature built in, but turned off by default. This way those out there that really found it useful and were willing to drain the battery a lot faster could use it and those that wanted more battery life could stay away. Oh well, I guess this will be on the next iPhone.

4. I want to use the Bluetooth on the iPhone to unlock things when I come within a certain range of them. Really there are only two things that I would like this to work with. I would like for my car to be able to be unlocked with my iPhone so that I do not have to use my key to get and even maybe if it started the car by just pushing a button. This is a little out of reach I would say, but the technology is out there, just very expensive and hard to find. If I could unlock my house the same way then I would not have to use keys at all. I would just have a couple spare with me just in case, but this would help get all of the clutter out of my pockets.

These are just a few things that I have been thinking about that would be nice if I could get working on the iPhone, but it is very unlikely that I will get any of these things to work. I do not have the time or money to do these things to my iPhone, but I might try to get one or two of them to work.

Do you have any great ideas for things that the iPhone should do?