Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The event today proved to be quite an exciting event for fans of Apple notebooks. The MacBooks and MacBook Pros got plenty of revamps and they look stunning. You should definitely check out the Apple webpage to get the nitty gritty specs, but here are a few of the things that were rumors and I love that they turned out the way they did:
- The trackpad is glass and doesn't have a button; instead it is a button itself and it is bigger and allows for much more multitouch support
- The NVIDIA graphics cards are confirmed so the graphics are going to be a lot better on the new MacBooks and especially the MacBook Pros which incorporate not only one graphics card, but two so that it can use one for lower power consumption and one for better performance.
- The screen are all LED and this means less power consumption and thinner brighter screens.
- The ports are all on one side and the disc drive is on one side so plugging cords in only mean manuevering the notebook to one side and the DVD will eject more easily if the notebook is in my lap
There are plenty of other great features that I have not mentioned here just because of course it will be better explained at Apple and with more pictures and videos; get it from the source if you really want to know everything there is to know. Now there is one great thing and one bad thing about the notebooks. The bad thing is that they appear to only include DVD drives and not blu-ray support; bummer, I was really looking for the blu-ray. The great news is that these puppies are available tomorrow, so check em out and order it now.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I always get excited about new Apple products coming out and new notebooks are long overdue in my opinion. I love my MacBook Pro and I got it when they first came out (yes I am one of those crazy people). Sometimes you just have to have it I guess. That exciting time for new notebooks has finally come again though. Apple will announce the new MacBook and MacBook Pro models on Tuesday the 14th and will likely explain all of the new exciting features. I have been checking out the rumors and general rumors and photos indicate a few things about the new laptops:
- There is going to be an aluminum version of the MacBook now and not just the Pro
- The new notebooks will be using a dedicated NVIDIA graphics cards to provide higher quality graphics
- The larger trackpads that are included on the MacBook Air are going to be on the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros
There are other rumors surfacing about possible LCD HDTVs made by Apple that would include the Apple TV functionality right out of the box. I am not so sure about the HDTVs, but most of the notebook stuff seems to be feasible. the other thing is the possible inclusion of Blu-ray drives in the notebooks rather than the DVD drives included now. We will have to see on Tuesday how it pans out. In the mean time take a look at these pictures at Mac Rumors; they should wet your appetite for the new all aluminum notebooks.