Tuesday, July 17, 2007

iPhone should allow Internet connection for computer

The topic for today may not matter to many people, but I certainly have a need for it. Why did apple choose not to let you use the iphone to connect a computer to the internet? This seems like a basic feature that should have been included. When I had a tmobile MDA, I used to use ths feature quite often. It was very helpful when I needed the Internet on the go and did not have any place near by to connect. I can only assume that Apple chose not to include this feature because the Internet would be to slow. I still think that it would have been nice to include this function, especially for $600. Oh well, it was still worth every penny. Technically this feature could be added with a software update though. Only time will tell I guess. In the mean time you should check out the software that is available for the iPhone now. You can connect to AIM and chat online now and they said that it was not going to be able to do that. I think that it was a great move to go with the Internet based apps. This seems to allow a lot of flexiblity for programming and also moves companies in the right direction for the future. Internet apps are going to be very important once the Internet is much more accessible for everyone.