Friday, July 18, 2008

iPhone 3G Still Hard to Find

This is an obvious reality for those of us still looking for the new iPhone 3G, but I thought I would mention it anyway. My wife and I waited for 3 1/2 hours on Friday to try and get the iPhone only to find out that the manager had lied to us (saying that there were plenty of iPhones for everyone in line) and all we could do is purchase the phone so that we would get it as soon as it was available. In retrospect it would have been very beneficial to simply wait at an Apple store or just have gotten to the store a little earlier. I do not have to worry about getting an iPhone now, but I also have no idea when I will get it. The manager had also said a day or two and they would have more, but in fact it has been a week now and they have not called. AT&T and Apple have disappointed greatly this time around. Really, if AT&T had just been honest with us when we were waiting I would not have been upset. AT&T is now one of my least favorite companies, but yet I am still going to sign my life's savings away to them. Frustration.

As soon as I get the iPhone I will probably give a review and what not on it, but there are so many reviews out there already that it doesn't seem like there is much of a point. Possibly more of a day to day application of the iPhone in action would be more useful.