Ok, so the 3G iPhone has been announced and unveiled, but you can run the specs down yourself. The unveiling of the new phone raised a few more questions about what is going to happen on July 11th.
- If the iPhone is going to be released Worldwide on the 11th, then are there going to be enough for the demand?
- Will we see a huge line forming days before the release or just hours (notice that I have no doubt there will be a line)?
- Why is video recording not included or are they just not mentioning it yet? The hardware is there and there are actually already some programs on installer which allow you to take video, but I do not want to have to pay extra for something like that.
- Why did they not increase the megapixels on the camera? The chipset that the iPhone supposedly uses is supposed to be capable of 5 megapixels or more. If Apple wants to integrate the geotagging and Mobileme sharing of photos, then it would only have made sense to provide a better quality camera or at least a flash, focus, and zoom.
- What am I going to do with the iPhone I have right now? I think selling it on eBay is the best route to go, but I will stay open to other ideas since the $200 price of the new iPhone is a steal.
It is true that the iPhone does not have anything hardware wise that other smartphones can not compete with or even out due, but that is still not what the iPhone is all about. The iPhone is about a phone that looks good, feels good, and most importantly works great. No other phone has ever worked as well as my iPhone and I don't imagine any other company will ever be able to match Apple's ingenious mesh of hardware and software. The iPhone is made for functionality.