Saturday, August 18, 2007

SeeqPod May Tide You Over Until Pandora Works On iPhone


Apple's iPhone lacks one vital key to its internet, FLASH. I am sorry to say this, but it has frustrated me that the iPhone does not have flash. This has caused me not to be able to use Pandora. Pandora has to have flash to work, which is dumb on their part, but never the less I have to live with that. I cannot use Pandora, but SeeqPod has an iPhone application that will actually do similar things as Pandora, but with less "flash". Sorry, the pun was necessary.

SeeqPod is an online application that allows you to search for a band on the internet and find artists that are similar. There are a few things wrong with it, but hopefully they will work on a new version soon. The two major flaws I see are that it does not have a user friendly view for the songs that you find and it lists some of them more than once usually. The other problem is that it does not let you listen to more than one song at a time. This is very frustrating to me. I would love to use this like Pandora on the computer and just skip songs I do not like, but I can't. There is not even the feature to go to the next song after the first one stops playing. I am hoping that this will someday be the answer, but only time will tell.

Until we get flash though, I guess we have to use SeeqPod. It is a great Application overall and has helped me find a couple of new bands that I did not know about that I like.