Sunday, June 17, 2007

AT+T Says More iPhones to Come After First Shipment

Even though it is going to be hard to get your hands on the iPhone on the launch day, AT+T says that you will be able to get one at more of their franchise stores and other stores within two months. This is not very reassuring for me since I want one the day it comes out, but if I have no other choice but to wait then I guess this will have to do.

Business Week also reported that both Apple and AT+T say that everyone the wants an iPhone will be able to get one by the end of July. Ok, great, but that is not soon enough for us gadget freaks. Oh well, at least they are trying. The article that I read also mentioned that the lack of training and planning at the AT+T stores may mazke it a better idea to get one at the Apple stores. Apple employees have apparently been preparing for the iPhone release for three months, and were already much more prepared to handle longs lines and crowd control. This makes me think that it is going to be a good idea to go to the Apple store for the iPhone, but Steve Jobs himself has already said that it would be a better idea to go to AT+T stores. Does this mean that he wants the AT+T stores to look good or bad. From one angle it would seem that he is trying to make it easier on the Apple stores and harder on the AT+T stores, but on the other hand it looks like he is trying to make AT+T get more sales of the iPhone so that they look good. It is hard to say at this point, but I will be heading out to an Apple store to see what I can find out. Until next time...