Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Apple Continues Updates That Make iPhone Mods Hard

Everyone is trying to modify their iPhone to be exactly how they want it to be. I have done this a couple of times and unlocked it to put my own ringtones on it, but it gets tiring with all of these updates that Apple puts out that seem to destroy everything that you have worked so hard to accomplish.

One day I was jailbreaking my iPhone and got everything that I wanted on it. I was very happy and actually was showing it off to people. Then, I needed to sync the iPhone again and foudn that iTunes had made an update and it would cause my jailbreaking to no longer work. I know this is something that Apple feels is necessary to keep mainly their own apps on the iPhone, but it is aggrevating when we have spent so much on a phone so that it would do everything we wanted it to do.

Does anyone else feel like we have paid for the right to do with the iPhone as we please. I love Apple, but sometimes it seems like they are just like those other big retailers that don't look out for individuals.

Keep the dream alive, make the most of your iPhone even if it takes a little more effort.